Monday, March 8, 2010

I'm talking too much, perhaps

Just sat watching a bunch of the Jeffrey Brown interview, and god DAMN I talk a lot. I need to get better at shutting the f' up, and letting people talk. I think I'm getting better at it, but still.... it gets tiring hearing my own damn voice yammering along.

I had a great time with Laura Mars, who played with John in a bunch of early bands, and got loads and loads of sweet memorabilia -- posters, flyers, demo tapes etc. etc. The most exciting piece is the video her dad made of T.A.C. playing at 'A Taste of Hoffman Estates' during July 4th weekend, 1989.

Weirdly, July 3rd was the day I saw The Sugarcubes, P.I.L. and New Order in upstate NY at the Darien Lake amusement park. Also, July 5th, Seinfeld premiered. Such big events......

I'm not posting clips of that show as Laura was interested in putting some of it up on YouTube, and frankly, I want to save the better stuff for the film.

In other news, John P. is on the road, headed for Chicago, and we've set up a busy busy busy filming schedule here in Chicago, and then once on the road will just sort of film non stop. Likely the updates will get further and fewer between -- unlike John I'm not posting a month's worth of updates in advance.

I think that's it for now. If you're in Chicago, come on out for Zine Fest at Quimby's this weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment